Bingo Rules & Regulations
Bingo sites are monitored carefully by the UK authorities and The 2005 Gambling Act (United Kingdom) outlines the rules of online bingo in this country. Online Bingo is classified as “remote gambling” and any site that advertises bingo games in the United Kingdom should be based on the approved or white-listed country.
These countries should enforce stringent laws on gambling that concur with the rules and regulations imposed by the UK:
- Gambling is conducted in a fair way
- Gambling is not a source of crime and disorder and is not used to support crime
- Gambling doesn’t affect children or vulnerable persons
- Gambling operators are subject to rules on money-laundering and financial probity
- All players will be able to access the game rules in English
- Players can claim their winnings within a long enough period of time
- Players can get in contact with the appropriate authorities to resolve any disputes
Online Bingo sites also have specific rules which should be accessible to everyone, it should also be noted that different promotions and games will have separate terms and conditions. We advise you review the information on each individual site before you start playing, but it is also good to know that it is in the best interests of a Bingo site to be as transparent as possible in order to maintain their good reputation to ensure players keep going back.
For information about the Gambling Commission, regulators of the British gambling industry, please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
For a small number of people gambling may become a problem. More information about the Responsible Gambling Trust and it's work can be found at www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk.